Sunday, June 6, 2010
Unit 7 Blog
I had a nice weekend with my daughter, who is about to turn 12 in 3 weeks. I had some time before I got busy with my Nutrition project so we went shopping. She needed some clothes and shoes since she outgrew most of her clothes. She's 5'1" now and of course, has her own style of clothing. This was the first shopping spree where she picked her own outfit and shoes that's her style while I stayed back and let her do her thing with fashion. It was so much fun! Though I would point out good points and bad points about a certain outfit, she still made her own choices, taking into consideration my opinion. It was awesome. She would tell me her plan of pairing this top with that skirt and using this belt with this outfit and this pair of sandals. Where has time gone? I still remember taking her home from the hospital struggling to put the car sit properly and now, she has her own style of fashion. Hmmm. The teenage years are coming! Am I ready? We'll cross the bridge when we get there. For now, I like the fact that she's independent and has her own opinions but still needs mom for assurance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be thankful that you had such a great relationship with your daughter.
ReplyDeleteYou will survive the teenage years if you keep talking to her.