Have you ever wondered why your nails are brittle? Well, I have and I also wondered how I can improve my hair. My hair breaks easily and I end up with split ends when I'm trying to let my hair grow. I take my multivitamins religiously specially my B complex since its a must for vegetarians but still, my nails are brittle and peel off past a certain length. I don't like wearing acrylic nails so I just let my nails grow long and paint them different colors every week but it's hard when my nails aren't healthy. So, I did some research since I'm tired of dealing with brittle nails and hair that easily gets split ends. I read about taking Biotin which promotes healthy hair and nails plus it helps in the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and fats. I bought the 2500 mcg one and it worked wonders for me. I initially tried 5,000mcg for a week but got scared since it has super potency. There are certain upper limits for vitamins and I didn't want to over do it. Half that dose, which is 2,500 mcg of the biotin has really proven to be helpful with my nails and hair. I can truly attest to the fact that it works. I saw the difference in my nails and hair after a week of taking the vitamins. That was fast!
So, if you are one of those people who wants to have strong nails and healthy hair, add Biotin to your daily regimen of vitamins and you will see the difference. At least, I did.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the tip, I have the acrylic put over my real nails, so they will not break.
ReplyDeleteI will tell my daughters about this.